www.katalyst4change.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The what??

Go down

The what?? Empty The what??

Post  Kathryn Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:20 pm

If you've read Martha Beck's stuff you will know what this is, and either have a 'OMG that's me' or a 'what??' reaction! This section is for the former, lol

Here's a section of her blog (http://marthabeck.com/blog/ ) with a summary:

Your Role On the Team

There are probably millions of Teams on earth right now. I only “recognize” people who happen to be in mine, but this isn’t an exclusionary categorization, just a functional one. I’m still not at all sure how we should coordinate our actions when dawn breaks. But I can tell you some of the common characteristics of my Team, and these characteristics will give us some clues about our respective and collective jobs. See if you identify with any of these criteria:

You’ve always felt separate and odd, misunderstood by others while having the ability to make them feel understood.
You’re haunted by a feeling of having something incredibly important to do, but you don’t know what it is. Over the past couple of years, this feelings has become almost overwhelmingly intense.
You hate small talk, but find that large talk is not encouraged.
You love, love, love animals; in fact, your life feels incomplete unless you’re interacting with animals. This is your posse:

Your childhood and adolescence were difficult. Like really, really difficult—abuse, addiction, years-of-total-despair difficult.
You’ve had a significant “life accident” such as losing several family members to death, being physically disabled, or having a child with a disability.
You’ve had a long-term, disabling and/or painful illness that was mysteriously unresponsive to medical treatment.
You occasionally feel compelled to learn or create certain things, without really knowing why.
You’ve begun meeting people who are like you, in a strange way you can’t articulate, and you feeling powerfully drawn to these people despite lots of surface differences.
If this is ringing your chimes, you’re the kind of person who, in a traditional culture, would probably have been identified as a shaman, a wizard, a druid, a medicine person. You may also have been burned at the stake. Oh, well, nothing is perfect.

If you recognise yourself then you can connect with the rest of us in the next section.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

http://www.katalyst4change.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum